I love this tart recipe! The flavours are spectacular. Rich, velvety, dark, spiced and decadent. Is your mouth watering yet? The best part; it's easy to make and can be whipped up in no time.
There is something about warm poached pears on a cold winter's day that warms the soul. Chocolate and pear are delicious and complement each other well, a match made in food heaven. It's one of those timeless, elegant and classic combinations which can never go out of trend.
The chocolate mousse is the queen and the poached pear is the king of tarts....and may they reign on that golden, crispy, buttery tart shell forever.
P.S.-With some left over mousse, I popped them into martini glasses topped with whipped cream, fresh berries and coconut chips.
Don't have time to make the tart shell from scratch? (me neither!) I bought a ready made empty tart shell from my local supermarket.
-4 cups water
-1 and 1/4 cups caster sugar
-2 brown pears
-1 vanilla bean, slit in half
-2 cinnamon sticks
-170g dark chocolate
-3 eggs, separated
- 10g butter, softened
-300ml thickened cream, softly whipped, plus extra to serve
Prepare the mousse:
1. In a medium heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate over a medium pan of simmering water (don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl). Remove from heat. Add butter and still until smooth. Fold in egg yolks transfer chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture and then egg whites in two batches. Softly folding in.
3. Place mousse in your prepared tart shell. Then refrigerate.
Prepare the the pears:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar over high heat, stirring occasionally to help the sugar dissolve.
2. While the sugar syrup is heating up, peel, halve and core the pears.
3. Once the mixture is almost to the boil, add the vanilla bean, cinnamon sticks and pears. Cover pan with the lid slightly ajar and turn the heat to low. Simmer for 15-30 minutes, until the pears are soft
4. Once cooked, remove from poaching liquid and let it cool for 5-15 minutes.
5. Place your poached pears on top of your chocolate mousse tart. Cut and serve with extra whipped cream on the side.
Leave a Reply.
FASHION / CULTURE / LIFESTYLE / FOOD / BEAUTY
Welcome to Moda Squad.
Let's get snapping lamodastylist1
Back In Stock
ABOUT LA MODA STYLIST
Create a show stopping look, brighten up your wardrobe or pick up a new piece for that special occasion. La Moda Stylist is an Australian Online Boutique stocking a huge selection of the latest must-haves, staples and unique pieces to create a truly enviable wardrobe.
At La Moda Stylist, we take pride in our variety of designs created for the fashion gurus, the socialites and the it-girls. We cater to the adventurous girls, the party goers and the creatives. We aim to create a collection for everyone and every season. Whether you’re updating your wardrobe for the new season or just looking for a new piece for that special party, we have a wide range of quality clothing, and are always are on trend.
Australia - Standard $9.95
FREE shipping over $150
Rest of World -