Before there was Will and Grace, Friends, Seinfeld or Sex and the City there was the original squad--The Golden Girls. The sitcom starring Betty White, Rue McClanahan, Bea Arthur and Estelle Getty which first debuted on air in 1985, is just as relevant now as ever before. I remember watching this TV sitcom when I was a young girl. (fun fact I was born in the year the Golden Girls ended) From the opening theme song to the '80s Miami fashion scene and the plot lines that touched on every topic—things your grandmother didn't usually talk about—it was hard not to fall in love with the silver screen magic that was The Golden Girls. Whether it was the importance of keeping your girlfriends close, living life to the fullest or simply enjoying cheesecake, there was always something to take a way from an episode. So Golden Girls, thank you for being a friend, but also a mentor—here are the golden pieces of wisdom I learned from Dorothy, Blanche, Rose and Sophia that still reign true to this day.
1. Wearing black = Available, badass and ready to mingle.
2. Dressing for a workout is always priority over the actual workout itself.
3. Be as honest as Sophia Petrillo would be with your friend's outfit choice.
4. When your friends are being threatened, step up to the plate and defend, Dorothy Style!
5. Accept people for who they are. Some people like cats instead of dogs.
6. Always give back.
7. Better late than....Pregnant!
8. Always appreciate really good food.
9. How to properly make an entrance. And forget the whole "dress for your age" rule.
10. In your life you will come across a "Stanley" aka a snake, just remember they are one chromosome away from being a potato.
11. Every piece of dating wisdom that Blanche Devereaux has ever given us.
12. Modesty is overrated.
13. No matter what age, you still got it.
14. Treat your mum right - she’ll probably be the one who has to bail you out of jail one day.
15. Dance like no one is watching.
16. Don't cry, go shopping.
17. When your best gal pal is sad be that friend who knows how to cheer her up.
18. Never take yourself too seriously.
19. Always have a cheesecake on hand, ready for 2am when you're in a middle of a crisis.
20. And of course, there's nothing that can't be solved without the help of your girlfriends and cheesecake. So keep your girlfriends close and stay golden.
Stay golden and picture Sicily 1922.
Always With Style,
FASHION / CULTURE / LIFESTYLE / FOOD / BEAUTY
Welcome to Moda Squad.
Let's get snapping lamodastylist1
ABOUT LA MODA STYLIST
Create a show stopping look, brighten up your wardrobe or pick up a new piece for that special occasion. La Moda Stylist is an Australian Online Boutique stocking a huge selection of the latest must-haves, staples and unique pieces to create a truly enviable wardrobe.
At La Moda Stylist, we take pride in our variety of designs created for the fashion gurus, the socialites and the it-girls. We cater to the adventurous girls, the party goers and the creatives. We aim to create a collection for everyone and every season. Whether you’re updating your wardrobe for the new season or just looking for a new piece for that special party, we have a wide range of quality clothing, and are always are on trend.
Australia - Standard $9.95
FREE shipping over $150
Rest of World -